Monday, September 12, 2011

Write it down

          I learned early on not to trust my memory--especially if it was something that came to me late at night as I was trying to fall asleep.
          I've jotted ideas down on receipts, napkins and kids spelling lists. When I am in the zone and spending a lot of time thinking of ideas they often come to me at inconvenient moments. If I don't write them down, I don't always remember them. (Even when it is a book title that I will never use just because of a ficticious storyline I made up to tease a friend).
          Another handy tool for me is a notebook. I don't have a laptop, so a notebook is useful when I'm sitting in the school parking lot or waiting for kids at the orthodontist. Then I just have to fight with them to get on the computer to transfer my work.
          Even if it's an idea I might not get around to finishing anytime soon, or not at all, it's nice to have reference other than my memory which ain't what it used to be. ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Pam!

    Good to see you! And I completely agree. Write down your ideas. Amazing how short-lived a stack of sticky notes lasts in our place, but it's worth it. Saves me the headache later on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've taken to keeping little notebooks with me for jotting down ideas. And that's great as long as I remember I have them!

    ReplyDelete