Sunday, November 6, 2011

Wondering

          Why am I having such a hard time finding the time, energy and motivation to write anything these days? I wrote my first rough draft while raising 5 kids and working two jobs. I am still raising those 5 kids but only working a part-time job now. So, why is it that I can't fit in a few hours a week to write? Fighting with health issues and keeping up with the kids and such is only part of it. I need to get excited about a story again. I have several ideas jotted down, partially outlined, and even started but I can't seem to get in to any of them.
          So...do I put them aside and brainstorm a new idea? Pick one and just get going on it and hope my enthusiasm kicks in? Sigh...I guess it's time to hide away somewhere and get busy. I know I can make the time to do it, it's just wanting to. Go away dark cloud hanging over my head. :/

7 comments:

  1. I think sometimes we writers just get feeling a little burned out. Given time, the enthusiasm will return!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a little R and R and maybe a brainstorming session might kick things into gear. You know what they say about dark clouds? They move away eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think as moms we get burned out, too. :)
    I'm ready for that brainstorming session. I was adding a few ideas today. Still have a long way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we need a real vacation. Since that really isn't practical right now, why don't we plan on a movie night? I don't think we are burned out on writing, I think we are burned onto reality. Do you like the new Sherlock Holmes movies? The next installment comes out in December.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Almost every writer has these times hit them. Don't beat yourself up over it. Just make a plan A and then a plan B until one of them works out for you. Sometimes we need a totally new idea to excite us and sometimes we just have to get in there a push past a bit of crummy writing before the juices flow again. Hang in there and don't give up. The future is full of more time and surprises. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Renae, sometimes we do need to find something else that excites us, but other times, for me, it was that I was exhausting creative energy in all my school work. I suddenly found it this year, and I was very happy and relieved because I felt like a bad writer or that I wasn't a good at it anymore because I just COULD NOT write. It took two years...but I can write again!!

    Good luck!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you figure it out, let me know. Every time I start to write it turns into a country song. And I don't listen to that!

    ReplyDelete